It was from a law firm threatening to sue my company.
It felt like someone kicked me in my stomach. It was one of the worst feelings in the world.
In the last 31 years of living, I wish there were a life advice someone taught me as I was growing up.
Here are the 10 things I felt like nobody told me about adult life:
- The most valuable currency in the world is time
- Sometimes only you can help yourself
- Empathy is the key to connecting with people
- You really don’t need that pizza slice at 2 a.m.
- Drinking is overrated
- Your career success is heavily tied to the value you provide
- Love is a broad spectrum
- You can lead with or without a title
- Most paths aren’t linear
- You are in control